Friday, June 11, 2010

Horseshoes and shoulders

Primed horseshoe.
Thought i'd drop in the detail pieces. just to see how it'll look.

Got the screws mounted in the shoulders today. Was able to use the drillpress at work to drill the holes.
Then started mounting the screws. I used Nylock nuts on the inside, on one side. This way i was sure they wouldn't loosen on me later. then added the other nut on inside.
It was a pain trying to get a wrench into the inner ones to tighten them up.
Then they got skinned.
Will trim,sand, and file tomarrow. Also have alum. tape to go around them. Got it at O'Reily's. Will post pics later.


 Got one shoulder done last night.

Still need to make shim.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Legs... Skirt....

Well, been a long time since last update. Have been able to get alot of leg and foot work done. Have one leg ready to final drill the holes for the shoulder mounting bolts. The other i just finished skinning and cleaning up to give first coat of primer.

Also have one main ankle primed .

Will get these and another  main ankle done, then hit the bad spots w/ some bondo. Then more sanding and more priming.

Have also been working on the skirt.

The side pieces are not long enough. Didn't notice, till I mocked up the piece of 1mm, that will go around the ends. Will have to figure out something to do, because it's all glued in now.
The skirt has been my bane on this project. Had a very hard time wrapping the 3mm pieces around the ends. They wouldn't stay in place even after letting glue dry for 2 days. But finally got them to stay put.